Coaching for Leaders
Executive Coaching lets CEOs, Managers and Entrepreneurs improve their performance Growth and positive behavior adjustment are additional positive effects. Our Leadership-Coaching in Vienna aims at executives and managers looking to optimize their output in the following areas:
- Improving leadership, team- and conflict management
- Optimizing professional and personal performance performance
- Increase trust and appreciation
What are the advantages of executive coaching?
Professional coaching is based on the special requirements of the client. Business coaching offers many advantages
- Space to reflect on your day to day management
- Reflection on personality and leadership style
- Develop individual leadership and conflict resolution skills
- More resilience to stressful professional events
- Expansion of the professional behavior repertoire
- Develop new professional perspectives
- Targeted competence building in
- Development of strategies and action points to efficiently achieve your professional goals
How does executive coaching work?
In principle, the following applies: We can conduct the coaching personally or via video conference.
- At the beginning of executive coaching, we determine your goals and development priorities.
- Often individual assessment marks the beginning of the coaching process. Creating a personality profile supports coaching, particularly effectively in this phase.
- Then we clarify your role in your organization or company. We identify stakeholders who can influence your professional development.
- We jointly set goals that optimally correspond to your professional and personal concerns. Finally, together we design a schedule for the further course of the coaching.
Throughout the process, we work consistently on the skills and abilities you need to optimize your professional performance, your influence, and the visibility in your company.
Success Factors in Coaching
An essential part of the success of executive coaching is the professionalism und die qualifications of our coach. This includes, among other things, relevant academic training and extensive experience in a professional environment related to you Studies also show that the success of a coaching process is also largely determined by the trust that the coachee (client) has in the coach. Most important, however, is the individual fit between the client and the coach.
The following aspects are essential in connection with professionalism in coaching:
- Working with a professional coach is discreet, characterized by trust and secrecy.
- The focus of your coaching sessions is on the success-oriented change in your management behavior. The goal of executive coaching is to change professional behavior so that clients can achieve professional goals to more effectively.
- Finally, we can measure the results of your coaching project against your specifications.
More about executive coaching
We use different techniques in executive coaching. These are based on internationally recognized methods, mainly from the field of so-called humanistic psychology, which was developed in the 1960s and 1970s by Abraham Maslow, Carl Rogers, and Charlotte Bühler.
The central idea is the unconditional acceptance of the client ba the coach This approach is based on the consideration that personal growth is only possible if the client can count on understanding, benevolence, and acceptance by the coach. Carl Rogers, one of the founders of humanistic psychology, assumes that many coaching clients have to deal with internal resistance or conflict when it comes to changing their behavior. These conflicts mostly have a cognitive basis, but can also have an affective, emotional origin. The unconditional acceptance of the client by the coach eliminates affective conflicts and thus increases the chance of a successful coaching process.
In order to enable our clients to determine their location, we use personality tests based on scientific knowledge. Based on these tests, we create personality profiles that provide information about individual behavioral trends. Based on these tests, we create personality profiles that provide information about individual behavioral trends.
development and application of existing strengths
But coaching is not limited to benevolent interaction between client and coach. Executive coaching aims for results. The coaching process focuses primarily on the further development and application of the client’s existing strengths. In practice, these strengths mostly come to light in connection with specific activities. There are two characteristics that indicate whether the activity is a strength:
- The client develops a high level of performance.
- He feels a high level of energy.
Successful goal achievement and leadership is based on the existence of these two characteristics. If both characteristics are present, further development of the corresponding talent is promising. If one of the features is missing, there is a risk of burnout.
The coaching method we typically use in executive coaching – based on extensive scientific knowledge – is Appreciative Inquiry.
The Appreciative Inquiry method is based on the approaches of David Cooperrider and psychological findings of Carl Rogers, Douglas Mc Gregor, and Abraham Maslow. It is a value-based approach to organizational development based on an appreciative and judgment-free attitude towards the client.
The “Appreciative Inquiry” method has proven to be one of the most effective measures in the area of management development (executive development), especially in phases of change.
This specific coaching method is supplemented by scientifically based personality tests and current research findings in business psychology, social psychology, and behavioral sciences (behavioral economics).
POSITIVE Effects of COACHING
Numerous studies prove the positive effects of executive coaching. Successful results unfold on different levels.
In this way you can achieve clarity about your professional goalsand motives.
In addition, coaching affects both the
- cognitive (intellectual) as well as the
- proceddural Level (when acquiring new skills, abilities, and behaviors).
We observe typical positive effects of coaching in the following areas:
- Leadership and management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Resilience: resilience to stressful professional events
- Stress relief
- Job satisfaction
- Self Efficacy
Studies show that the reflection of your day-to-day work is most effective when it takes place outside of your usual professional environment.
Our business coaching sessions and leadership training take place on our premises in 1010 Vienna, Spiegelgasse 21. If the situation so requires, the sessions can also be conducted online.
Every coaching is unique. The length of coaching is therefore as individual as the coaching itself.
However, our experience shows the following: The duration of coaching can vary from a few weeks to about a year. On average, however, a coaching program spans 10 sessions. These are usually used within a period of 6-9 months. A coaching session usually consists of one or two 55-minute sessions.